More and more people are interested in making their homes smarter. Lights are arguably the aspect most people tackle first primarily because they can be installed easily.
This is the second part of my series about converting CNNs to MLPs, the first part can be read here. In this post i will first study the time and space complexity of the converted CNN and then i will try to verify these results using actual CNNs converted to OpenCV-MLP models.
This is a follow-up post to my last blog-post (From OpenCV to TensorFlow and back: fast neural networks using OpenCV and C++) in which i wrote:
TensorFlow is the most used deep learning framework today (based on the number of github stars), for a good reason: all important models can be and probably are implemented in TensorFlow and the tooling is really good (especially TensorBoard). For “classic” computer vision, that is computer vision not utilising deep-learning, OpenCV is the most important library* by far.
For configuring an STM32 microcontroller there is arguably no easier way to configure the chip and periphery than using STM32CubeMx (in the following refered to as CubeMx). Sadly it is only possible to export the code to a small selection of proprietary IDEs, it is neither possible to use the Code with one of the important C/C++ IDEs (CLion, QtCreator, Code::Blocks, Visual Studio,…) or to use any editor (vim, emacs, nano,…) and an external build tool to build the project. This also limits the ability to integrate the build process in some form of continuous integration.
After having used the Dangerous Prototypes Logic Pirate with the recommended Open Logic Sniffer application for many years i decided to try a different client for a couple of reasons: primarily OLS is quite an old software, the latest release is from 2015 and everytime i wanted to use it i had to configure my computer to use java 8.
After having several problems with our last PCB-Stack used in the Toolbox-Plane (in no particular order: large size, problems with the mcu not starting, non standardized platform) we decided to design three new PCBs for our plane.
As you might have guessed after visiting this site i have a completly new website! After i had more or less abandonded my old website (i still believe the concept is really cool, so it still is available at aul12.me/old) i tried to develop a new website from scratch but pretty soon realized i’m not a designer. So in the third iteration i started using Jekyll as a static site generator.